We exist in order to take Jesus’ ministry to the streets of Tacoma. We believe that the great commission in Matthew 28:18-20 is our commission from God for our time and place. God has always provided for us! The signs, wonders and miracles we have experienced encourages us that we are about our Fathers business!
Jesus said “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field” (Luke 10:2). We invite you to partner with us in carrying out Jesus’ Ministry.
Jesus Ministry: Luke 4:18-19 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” God has called and anointed us to carry out His ministry on this earth. We are works in progress; first allowing God to work in our lives and taking what we’ve learned to as many people as we can (John 14:12).
The following is some of our core doctrines, after that you will find our core values…
ABOUT THE BIBLE
The Bible is God’s word to all men. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture or error. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 2 Timothy 1:13; Psalm 119:105,160, 12:6; Proverbs 30:5)
God is the Sovereign Creator and Ruler of the universe. He exists in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1,26,27; 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
ABOUT JESUS CHRIST
Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all men by dying on a cross. He rose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again to earth to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Matthew 1:22,23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5, 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14,15; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Romans 1:3,4; Acts 1:9-11; I Timothy 6:14,15; Titus 2:13)
ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian seeks to live under His control daily. (2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13, 14:16,17; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 5:18)
Man is made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. He is the supreme object of God’s creation. Although man has tremendous potential for good, he is marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called sin. This attitude separates man from God. (Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1-2)
Salvation is a gift from God to man. Man can never make up for his sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can man be saved from sin’s penalty. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith. (Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9; John 14:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1)
ABOUT THE SECURITY OF THE BELIEVER
Because God gives man eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in their salvation for eternity. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives this assurance. (John 10:29; 2 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25; 10:10,14; I Peter 1:3-5)
Man was created to exist forever. He will either exist eternally separated from God by sin or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. (John 3:16; 1 John 2:25; 1 John 5:11-13; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15; Matthew 18:8; Matthew 25:44, 46)
Here is our Mission Statement: To empower & restore the lost and spiritually imprisoned to the right relationship with God.
And our Process Statement: To build a community of people who are walking in their original design from God and to help people walk in that freedom and restoration.
- WE believe that Jesus passed his earthy ministry on to us and we should be intentional and strategic with our time and resources. “We are natural people called to live supernaturally. (Matt 6:10, John 14:12, Luke 4:18-19, Matt 28:18).
- We believe that every believer should have access to the church of Jesus Christ and that no matter what your background is you are welcomed into real Christian community and can serve God. (Luke 6:20-21; Acts 2:44–47).
- We believe the church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure.This includes the concept of sensitively relating to our culture through our facility, printed materials, and use of the arts (1 Corinthians 9:19–23).
- We believe a church should operate as a unified community of servants, with men and women stewarding their spiritual gifts. This includes the concepts of unity, servant hood, spiritual gifts, and ministry callings (1 Corinthians 12 and 14; Romans 12; Ephesians 4; Psalm 133:1, James 5:16).
- We believe excellence honors God and His people. This includes the concepts of evaluation, critical review, intensity, and excellence (Colossians 3:17; Malachi 1:6–14; Proverbs 27:17).
- We believe the pursuit of full devotion to Christ and His cause is normal for every believer.This allows us to “be patient with real people while being uncompromising to God’s word.” (Rom 2:4) This includes the areas of stewardship, servant hood and the pursuit of kingdom goals (1 Kings 11:4; Philippians 2:1–11; 2 Corinthians 8:7).
- We believe Prayer should permeate every aspect of church life. This includes the concepts of love-driven ministry, ministry accomplished in teams, leadership and relationship building (Col 4:2, 1 Corinthians 14:1; Nehemiah 3; Luke 10:1; John 13:34–3)
- We believe men and women with God-given leadership gifts should lead churches.This includes the concepts of empowerment, servant leadership, strategic focus, and intentionality (Nehemiah 1–2; Romans 12:8; Acts 6:2–5; Romans 16:7). “We are committed to being a leadership factory”
- We believe Christ followers should manifest authenticity and yearn for continuous growth.This includes the concepts of personal authenticity, character, and mutual ministry (James 5:16, Ephesians 4:25–26, 32; Hebrews 12:1; Philippians 1:6). “We are committed to the freedom process.”
- We believe in worship. Worshiping our God is a natural response to salvation by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8-9. We want to be true worshipers and see spiritual battles won and people healed and delivered through our worship. (Psalm 5:7; Luke 4:-8; Revelation 22:17)
If you have any questions e-mail us at office.